I am reading Craig Groeschel’s book “It” right now and I ran across this bullet list of problems with visionless ministry.
- Most ideas seem like good ideas. This leads to over-programming and burnout.
- There is nothing compelling to give toward. This leads to a consumer mindset instead of a contributing mindset.
- Organizations become focused inward. This leads to a slow painful death.
- Instead of working together, people compete for resources.
– from “It” by Craig Groeschel (pg. 43)
We all have to guard against losing vision. How many times have we all gone about our lives and the things that used to stand out to us now have begun to blend into the background?