I jumped over to Spence Shelton’s (one of my colleagues from the Small Group Exchange) blog tonight to find some thoughts on the resurgence of the church and small groups from the Advance09 conference. Check out these thoughts…
– less than 17% of people age 17-29 are in a evangelical church in the west.
– we must engage in long-term active repentance to see a resurgence of the local church.
– the local church must revolve around Jesus
– we have done a poor job in Christian education
– Sunday school is not welcoming to non-believers
– Small groups studying the same thing the pastor is studying creates unity in the church.
I can’t wait to see more a in depth breakdown of these thoughts from Spence! What are your thoughts on these issues?
Share them by commenting on this post!