Notes from Tim Stevens talk…
– There are two realities:
– Reality 1: Most churches aren’t impacting their communities.
– With the “churched” we are doing pretty well.
– With the unchurched and De-churched, we aren’t doing well.
– We are getting the lawn mowed, sending $100 per month to Africa, but not fulfilling the purposes of God.
– Reality 2: Spiritual interest is growing in our culture.
– John 1:14 (MSG): The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.
– Jesus would hang out with people in our culture.
– Leverage the culture or risk loosing your impact.
– Leverage our culture so that people could be forever changed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.